Woah you guys. Woah. I found this gem of a recipe while flipping through a magazine and cutting out words/images for my vision board…and I’m SO happy I tried it! This is the perfect summer dessert. Light, creamy, and refreshing. The original recipe calls for spirulina to give it that bright green color, but I used hemp protein and matcha and it still turned out pretty 🙂 I also forgot to put the sesame seeds in my crust, so I used them as decoration instead. SO choose your own adventure! Let me know how it goes!
1 C Raw cashews
½ C Raw almonds
½ C Shredded unsweetened coconut plus more for decorating (optional)
¼ tsp sea salt plus more for seasoning
6 dates pitted and roughly chopped
1tbsp black sesame seeds (optional)
1tbsp chia seeds
¾ C canned coconut milk
3tbsp honey (or agave if you’re vegan, but I wouldn’t recommend it from a nutrition standpoint)
1tsp pure vanilla extract
½ large firm avocado
⅓ C fresh lime juice (preferably from key limes) and ½ tsp zest, plus sliced lime for garnish (optional)
¼ tsp spirulina (optional) <–I subbed ¼ tsp matcha and ¼ tsp hemp protein powder
⅔ C plus 4tbsp coconut oil, melted
¼ C very ripe strawberries or raspberries
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Rinse.
- Add almonds, shredded coconut, ¼ tsp salt and half the dates to a food processor and process until almonds are mostly broken down, about 45 sec. Add remaining dates, chia seeds, 2tbsp coconut oil and the sesame seeds if using, and process another 30-45 sec until mixture is uniform.
- Press mixture into the bottom and along the sides of a 6-inch springform or round baking pan, so that the edge of the tart is about 1in higher than the bottom and sides are about ¼ in thick. Place crust in freezer.
- In a blender, combine cashews, coconut milk, 2tbsp honey, a pinch of salt, and vanilla. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside ⅓ C of the mixture. Add avocado, lime juice and zest, spirulina (or hemp/matcha) if using, and remaining tbsp honey to the blender and process until fully incorporated. Add ⅔ C coconut oil and blend. Pour mixture into crust and return to freezer.
- Rinse blender and add reserved creamy mixture, remaining 2 tbsp coconut oil, and berries & blend. Place in freezer
- After an hour, pop tart out of pan. Transfer pink frosting to a pastry bag or a ziplock plastic bag with corner cut off. Decorate tart with frosting, adding additional coconut and sliced lime if desired. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve and enjoy the same day!